Contribute to Susan's Para E-Quest

Monday, May 18, 2009

What next?

Where to start. Well, the tests could have been better and my scores couldn't have been worse. Andy felt better each day, but the scores barely improved. The judges said they liked him and liked me but they didn't like a petite rider on a big horse. Compatibility was a major factor at this show.

What do I have to say?

First the obvious truth: I'm very disappointed and my confidence has taken a major blow. I can take low scores and own up to mistakes, but I experienced things this past week that I won't write about but definitely have me questioning my future involvement in this program.

Second: I'm moving on and am going to set a personal goal of 68% for the next CPEDI. Or at least that is what I will be training for now knowing what I know. I'll be back out in the show ring within the next three weeks.


Third: My team has been AWESOME. Starting with Andy. Sunday was our 14th ride, his 5th dressage show and his third time riding these tests. He has been very tolerant and professional considering. Next comes Steve and Nancy for everything they have done for me, even though they couldn't be here they wanted me to take their horse half-way across the country. There are very few words that I can use to express my gratitude towards Steve and Nancy, they are very special people. Then there is Ellen, who is out here on her own as my coach. She has been so positive and supportive and is now as enlightened as I am. My parents and Scott have also been here being their usual selves, funny, informative and just great people all around. My dad and Scott have been great grooms! Finally I want to be sure to thank Steffen Peters for the advice, feedback, video review and general support he has given to date. I'm looking forward to our upcoming training sessions. And I can't forget all of my friends and family who have backed us from the beginning. Thank you.

Here's to moving onward and upward! Videos and pics coming soon...

No comments: