Contribute to Susan's Para E-Quest

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tis the season!

So I haven't quite kept up with my promise to blog more. But its the holidays! Things will pick up once I have more to blog about.

Ellen was just here and we had a great clinic. MP is feeling great and her training is really coming along. So is mine! We are trying to save her for show season so she's only getting ridden three times a week right now. But she goes in the eurocizer every day for an hour, so she is definitely not standing around. Plus we really want her to pack on the top line and create lots of muscle so she is getting fed a lot right now and is wearing many layers of clothing so all of her energy goes towards her physical development, not towards keeping herself warm. I've posted new videos to You Tube so you can see the new MP - she's quite the tank. But all of this is paying off as she is really starting to sit and spring off the ground. She has so much to offer and with the energy she has just started to throw the fancy stuff in like really big high strides in her schooling pirouettes. I have no idea how to ask a horse to do that - good thing she just does it.

During the winter months I'm going to concentrate on getting myself stronger. I lost quite a bit of weight and I've gone down two dress sizes, but now it's time to firm up and bump up my own endurance. I'll be starting a fitness program tonight that will promise 6 days of training rotating between strength, cardio and yoga. Scott measured all my body parts last night and I had my first weigh in. Wish me luck.

I'm also starting to plan our trip to Chicago for the Para Dressage National Championships and after evaluating all of the various methods of transportation for MP, I think I've landed on trying to rent or lease a gooseneck trailer and truck to drive her ourselves. That way we can keep her happy and I can ride her to keep her loose each day while she travels. So, if anyone out there knows of someone with a rig that we can borrow, lease or rent, let me know - I'm in the market.

Thats all for now!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Nice job Susan! Your rides were fun to watch! Thanks for posting them!