Contribute to Susan's Para E-Quest

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Too lazy to ride

It has been H-O-T here. Like 100+ degrees. My plan was to ride Friday night once it cooled down, but the heat throughout the day zapped me. I was going to give MP another day off (I typically ride her Tues, Wes, Fri, Sat, Sun with Mon and Thurs off) thinking she too would appreciate this because of the heat, but she wasn't having it. She was banging on her door in true "I demand to go out!" fashion. So me being lazy and she being eager to do something landed us on her getting flagged in the outdoor arena. Remember how I talked about Secretariat in my last post? Well here she is doing best best impression!


I rode last night (Sat) and she was awesome! I'm not sure what I'm going to do today, there is a big fire over the hill in Napa County and the wind has inundated us with smoke. I don't want to open up her lungs to all that smoke with cardio vascular activity, so I'm thinking a half-hour in the hot walker may be in order. Or maybe the smoke will blow elsewhere by night time.

No comments: